What You Need To Know About The Benefits of Caradmom
- Summary: Cardamom has been used for thousands of years in traditional medicine like Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Modern researchers have also found that cardamom benefits health.
- Origin: Cardamom is native to the Indian subcontinent but has become part of the global diet. The cardamom spice is used in everything from coffee to entree dishes. Cardamom has been used and continues to grow as a spice with health benefits.
- Potential Health Benefits and Uses
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Oxidative Stress
- Side Effects & Interactions: Always consult with a licensed healthcare provider.
- Additional Information:
What Are The Benefits Of Cardamom?
What Benefits Might I Get From Cardamom?
Seeds from the cardamom plant pod provide a delicious addition to many types of food and drink. Not only can we enjoy the taste but there are robust health benefits from cardamom as well.
Metabolic syndrome comes from a series of conditions that elevate the risk of serious chronic diseases like heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Cardamom can be part of a lifestyle change to thwart metabolic syndrome. In laboratory studies, cardamom showed a reduction in blood pressure in rats. Other studies also suggest cardamom can help keep biochemical parameters near normal levels.
Oxidation is a natural part of human biology. However, modern lifestyle often upends this natural process. Oxidative stress is the result when oxidation goes awry, forming too many free radicals that lead to cell damage.
Antioxidants slow down the oxidation process and reduce free radicals. Cardamom is rich in antioxidants that can benefit those suffering from oxidative stress.
Additional Information & References On The Benefit Of Cardamom
You are in charge of your health. Doing a little extra research will not only let you make better decisions but also empower YOU with knowledge of the benefit of cardamom. To help you learn more let HealthCare Too start you with some links:
- Google Scholar
- Cardioprotective and Metabolomic Profiling of Selected Medicinal Plants against Oxidative Stress
- Potential Health Benefits of Indian Spices in the Symptoms of the Metabolic Syndrome: A Review
- Cardamom powder supplementation prevents obesity, improves glucose intolerance, inflammation and oxidative stress in liver of high carbohydrate high fat diet induced obese rats
When you are ready, here are some products that may help you experience some of cardamom’s health benefits for your own health and household.