What You Need To Know About The Benefits of Red Clover
- Summary: Red clover is packed with a host of nutrients and has been the subject of many studies as an aid to menopause. There may be other health benefits of red clover but relief from menopause is tops.
- Origin: Red clover is found wild in many parts of the world, including Europe; Western Asia; and North Africa. It has been incorporated into food and medicines for centuries.
- Potential Health Benefits and Uses
- Menopause Symptoms
- Side Effects & Interactions: Always consult with a licensed healthcare provider.
- Additional Information:
What Are The Benefits Of Red Clover?
What Benefits Might I Get From Red Clover?
Red clover is packed with nutrients and has been used in traditional medicine for a number of diseases. Western research, however, has focused on the benefits of red clover for menopausal symptoms like hot flashes and bone loss.
Perhaps one of the most widely known benefits for red clover is its ability to reduce symptoms of menopause.
Bone health is a serious concern in menopause. Unchecked, menopause can leave women with weakened bones that may fracture more easily. Studies have found that red clover promoted bone health, primarily through decreased osteoclast activity (bone loss) and increased osteoblast activity (bone formation).
Libido, Mood, Sleep
Research into red clover has shown a positive impact on more subjective areas like libido, mood, and sleep for women experiencing menopause. Tested against placebos, the red clover produced higher scores in all the subjective categories. Symptoms / conditions tested include: hair growth, skin condition, eye condition, nails, and more.
Additional Information & References On The Benefit Of Red Clover
You are in charge of your health. Doing a little extra research will not only let you make better decisions but also empower YOU with knowledge of the benefit of red clover. To help you learn more let HealthCare Too start you with some links:
- Google Scholar
- Intake of Novel Red Clover Supplementation for 12 Weeks Improves Bone Status in Healthy Menopausal Women
- Effect of Red Clover Isoflavones over Skin, Appendages, and Mucosal Status in Postmenopausal Women
- The effect of red clover isoflavones on menopausal symptoms, lipids and vaginal cytology in menopausal women: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study
Red Clover Products
When you are ready, here are some products that may help you experience some of red clover’s health benefits for your own health and household.
Traditional Medicinals Organic Ginger with Chamomile Herbal Leaf Tea$3.99 – $30.51 Select options
Look for more products at HealthCare Too
Red Clover Products for Pets
And don’t forget that our non-human loved ones who might also enjoy the benefits.