What You Need To Know About The Benefits of Sound Baths
- Summary: A sound bath is an opportunity for a person to lie or sit in a comfortable position while a therapist “bathes” them in sound waves from various instruments. The the therapist could be oneself using an instrument like a gong or Tibetan singing bowl.
- Origin: Sound therapy has been part of ancient medical systems like Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda for thousands of years. More recently, modern researchers have investigated the benefits of sound waves on human and pet health.
- Potential Health Benefits and Uses
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Side Effects & Interactions: Always consult with a licensed healthcare provider.
- Additional Information:
What Are The Benefits Of A Sound Bath?
What Benefit Might I Get From Sound Baths?
What you get from a sound bath will depend on how you engage. For some, this is a welcome experience into new vistas. They will relish the ideas of energy healing, chakras, meridians, and so on. For others this is about sound waves that impact human biological processes.
Helping a person relax often leads to healing in other areas… whether mental, physical or spiritual.
Lying on a yoga mat or sitting in a comfortable chair the recipient may even use a blanket to get more comfortable. The sound for the sound bath comes from one or more instruments, chosen for a desired effect.
Some may wish to use sound for energy healing in the tradition of Ayurveda. Others might apply Traditional Chinese Medicine’s 5 tones. And still others just go with what seems right or a very prescriptive set of frequencies.
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
In one study, sound therapy has been used successfully on people with SAD in a Chinese nursing home. The study relied on the five tones in Traditional Chinese Music.
Additional Information & References On The Benefits Of Sound Baths
You are in charge of your health. Doing a little extra research will not only let you make better decisions but also empower YOU with knowledge of the benefits of sound baths. To help you learn more let HealthCare Too start you with some links:
Sound Bath Products
When you are ready, here are some products that may help you experience some of sound bath’s health benefits for your own health and household.