What You Need To Know About The Benefits of Rosemary
- Summary: Rosemary is a common herb in most US households. However, it is usually considered for flavoring and not its significant health benefits.
- Origin: Native to the Mediterranean, rosemary is now cultivated globally and is a common plant in many households.
- Potential Health Benefits and Uses
- Type II Diabetes
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cancer Fighting
- Side Effects & Interactions: Always consult with a licensed healthcare provider.
- Additional Information:
What Are The Benefits Of Rosemary?
What Benefit Might I Get From Rosemary?
If you look through the kitchens of American homes, you will likely find at least a small container of rosemary. It is commonly used to flavor stuffings and meats. But there is much more to the story.
Some of most promising research into research has been its effect on reducing cholesterol, the “bad” LDL cholesterol that is. Researchers gave human volunteers different doses of rosemary leaves (i.e., 2g, 5g, 10g) per day. All subjects showed reduced Total Cholesterol, especially the 10g / day group.
The same study also found that rosemary had antioxidant effects, as had other studies. In particular, rosemary decreased both (GR) Glutathione reductase, (MDA) malnodialdehyde.
As an antioxidant, rosemary also contributes to fighting cancer. Studies have shown that rosemary exhibits an anticancer effect, especially against tumor formation (tumorigenesis).
Both the antioxidant effect and reducing Total Cholesterol make rosemary a great tool to promote heart health. As a side note, studies have found that the body absorbs rosemary quite quickly into the blood and heart.
Additional Information & References On The Benefits Of Rosemary
You are in charge of your health. Doing a little extra research will not only let you make better decisions but also empower YOU with knowledge of the benefits of rosemary. To help you learn more let HealthCare Too start you with some links:
- Google Scholar
- Pharmacology of rosemary (Rosmarinus oificinalis Linn.) and its therapeutic potentials
- Rosemary and Cancer Prevention: Preclinical Perspectives
- Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Properties of Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis, L.): A Review
- The Effects of Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) Leaves Powder on Glucose Level, Lipid Profile and Lipid Perodoxation
When you are ready, here are some products that may help you experience some of rosemary’s health benefits for your own health and household.
- Grocery and Gourmet Food
Rosemary Whole CERTIFIED ORGANIC 1 LB Bag – Whole Cut and Sifted 100% NATURAL KOSHER (Rosmarinus officinalis) (1-BAG)$10.46 – $19.39 Select options
- Assortments and Samplers
Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers, Rosemary & Sea Salt, 4.25 Ounce (Pack of 6)$25.80 Add to cart
- Grocery and Gourmet Food
Quinn Snacks Microwave Popcorn – Made with Organic Non-GMO Corn – Parmesan & Rosemary, 7 Ounce (Pack of 3)$13.49 Add to cart
Look for more products at HealthCare Too
Rosemary Products for Pets
And don’t forget that our non-human loved ones who might also enjoy the benefits.