What You Need To Know About The Benefits of Maca Roots
- Summary: Maca root comes from the high altitudes of the Andes and has been used for thousands of years there for food and medicine. There is current interest in the benefits of maca root on sexual dysfunction and other health concerns.
- Origin: Native to the Andes mountains of Peru.
- Potential Health Benefits and Uses
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Low Sperm Count
- Antivirus for Influenza
- Side Effects & Interactions: Always consult with a licensed healthcare provider.
- Additional Information:
What Are The Benefits Of Maca Roots?
What Benefits Might I Get From Maca Roots
Aid for Sexual Dysfunction
One study in particular highlighted the benefit of maca roots for antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction (AISD) in women who take selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).
Another study looked at a body of herbs and their impact on sexual drive. Maca root stood out for improving sexual performance.
Low Sperm Count
Laboratory tests have shown the benefit of maca roots to increase sperm count. Indeed maca root has been used for some time in animal husbandry.
Antivirus for Human Influenza
Maca root was found an effective antiviral agent against not only Flu-A but also Flu-B viruses.
Additional Information & References On The Benefits Of Maca Roots
You are in charge of your health. Doing a little extra research will not only let you make better decisions but also empower YOU with knowledge of the benefits of maca roots. To help you learn more let HealthCare Too start you with some links:
- A Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial of Maca Root as Treatment for Antidepressant-Induced Sexual Dysfunction in Women
- Antiviral activity of maca (Lepidium meyenii) against human influenza virus
- The action of herbal medicine on the libido: aspects of nutritional intervention in increasing sexual desire
- Ethnobiology and Ethnopharmacology of Lepidium meyenii (Maca), a Plant from the Peruvian Highlands
Maca Root Products
When you are ready, here are some products that may help you experience some of maca root’s health benefits for your own health and household.
- Blended Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
Herbal Secrets Maca 500 Mg 250 Veggie Capsules (Non-GMO) – Supports Reproductive Health, Mood, Hormonal Balance, Cardiovascular Health & Immune Health*$10.99 – $28.95 Select options