What You Need To Know About The Benefits of Zinc
- Summary: The human body does not normally need much zinc but the benefits of zinc are astounding. Zinc is required to defend the body as well as make proteins.
- Origin: The importance of zinc for plants was discovered in 1869 and for animals in 1934. However, it was not until 1961 that zinc’s critical role for the human body was known.
- Potential Health Benefits and Uses
- Defense against bacteria and viruses.
- Makes proteins and DNA.
- Side Effects & Interactions: Always consult with a licensed healthcare provider.
What You Might Want To Know
What Benefits Might I Get From Zinc?
Nuts and whole grains are excellent sources to get the health benefit of zinc in your diet!
Have you ever noticed that everything seems to contain zinc as colder weather hits? This is a health benefit of zinc, fighting off bacteria and viruses. While we always need zinc for our immune systems there may be no better time to reinforce the body than cold and flu season!
Making Proteins & DNA
If you think of proteins as the building blocks of the human body, then zinc is one of tools necessary to create those building blocks.
We might think of DNA as the set of instructions for on-going body activities like reproduction. Zinc, then, is the ink necessary to write those instructions.
Other Health Benefits Of Zinc
Promoting on-going growing, reproduction, and our immune systems should be enough! But zinc also helps heal wounds and even has a role in our senses of taste and smell.
Additional Information & References
You are in charge of your health. Doing a little extra research will not only let you make better decisions but also empower YOU with knowledge. To help you learn more let HealthCare Too start you with some links:
When you are ready, here are some products that may help you experience some of zinc’s health benefits for your own health and household.
Zinc Products for Pets
And don’t forget that our non-human loved ones who might also enjoy the benefits.