What You Need To Know
- Origin: Resin from the Guggul tree, used in Ayurvedic Medicine for thousands of years.
- Form: Mainly tablets and liquid.
- Potential Health Benefits:
- Weight Loss
- Lowering Cholesterol (hypolipidemia)
- Diabetes, Type II
- Various Cancers
- Side Effects & Interactions: Always consult with a licensed healthcare provider.
- Research: Click here to see related articles in Google Scholar
- Research: Click here for a great overview of benefits to chronic diseases.
What You Might Want To Know
What Is Guggul?
Remarkable results may come from a very unremarkable bush. Native to parts of China, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka the Guggul tree’s resin has been prized in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. Modern science has now taken a keen interest in guggul as well.
Guggulsterone is the active component of gugulipid which is found in the guggul tree’s resin. Ayurvedic medicine has used this guggul extract for thousands of years to treat many diseases like obesity, arthritis, acne, and more.
Guggul benefits are not just limited to chronic diseases in the body. The Ayurveda system of medicine uses the guggul herb for mental disorders and modern science is now investigating guggul for mental health. However, we must note that Ayurveda is its own system of medicine and guggul is used for specific imbalances. These do not translate directly into Western Medicine so please work with an informed healthcare provider.
How Does Guggul Benefit Me?
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Bladder Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Ehrlich tumor
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gall Bladder Cancer
- Head and Neck
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Cardiotoxicity (things bad for the heart)
- Gastric injury
- Gastric intestinal metaplasia
- Gastric ulcer
- Hepatic injury
- Hepatic Fibrosis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Ischemia reperfusion
- Kidney injury in systemic infection
- Memory impairment
- Myocardial ischemia
- Otitis Media
- Thyroid dysfunction
Source: Googling the Guggul (Commiphora and Boswellia) for Prevention of Chronic Diseases, Frontiers in Pharmacology.
Additional Information & References
You are in charge of your health. Doing a little extra research will not only let you make better decisions but also empower YOU with knowledge. To help you learn more about guggul let HealthCare Too start you with some links:
When you are ready, here are some guggul products that may interest you.
- Blended Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
Himalaya Guggul, for Healthy Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels, 60 Capsules, 750 mg (2 Pack)
$31.90Add to cart